At CtrlCS, the work culture is very professional, positive and we encourage learning and sharing of ideas. We have improved productivity and retained skilled personnel because of our friendly and fair working practices. Through strategic and truly collaborative relationships with top technology providers CtrlCS brings its business insight and accelerated methods to ensure our customers get the best from us and benefit from our services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate candidates based on race, religious beliefs, gender, age, national origin, marital status, physical challenge or other non-relevant factors. For the right candidate, we are also willing to sponsor work visas and provide support for immigration related paper work.
CtrlCS global customers, broad range of industries and innovative technologies combine to offer you dynamic career opportunities with tremendous growth potential. Discover how great careers start here, grow here, and provide a legacy for all who follow.
The successful candidate will possess excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills and have the ability lead projects and interface with key business units. Their primary duties will include analysis of business requirements, development of system specifications, data modeling, database design and analysis, development, and system support and enhancement for a number of operational reporting databases and decision support applications.
We are a technology services consulting company that believes that people are at the heart of every positive change in our organization, CtrlCS offers a competitive compensation structure in line with the current market. A significant part of the package is provided as a performance bonus. As each individual has the opportunity to deliver results independently, performance can be clearly measured and linked to the company's bottomline.
Employee Referral Program
CtrlCS is a growth-oriented company. Employee referrals are an effective way to recruit specialized expertise. CtrlCS’s referral program rewards employees who recommend external candidates. If CtrlCS hires a candidate referred by an employee, the employee is eligible to receive up to $500.00 after 3 months and up to $500 following one year of employment. To be eligible for this benefit, employees must inform the hiring/ sales manager in writing prior to CtrlCS’s initial contact with the person being referred.
Title: Principal Systems Development Engineer
Qualification: Master/Bachelor in CS/IS/IT/Engg/Sci. or equiv
Minimum experience required: Masters in CS/IS/IT/Engg/Sci. or equiv. or Bachelors in CS/IS/IT/Engg/Sci. or equiv + 5 yrs of exp for senior position.
Skills: VMware Cloud foundation technologies on Dell Platforms (HCI VxRail, VxBlock, Compute, Storage and Networking), Dell EMC Storage VMAX,VNX-2 (Unity All Flash), UNIX, Python and Shell Scripting. Also expert in managing End-to-end infrastructure and IT management for Converged/HCI, Storage, Cloud Applications, Platform Infrastructure, Data Protection.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Pay rate: $72654.00/year for Masters , $114733.00/year for Bachelors + 5 yrs exp (OES industry standards)
Length: Long term/permanent
Job Duties: As a Principal Systems Development Engineer, the employee will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Actively own architecture, design, planning/estimating, full software development cycle and operationalizing of the services you own.
- Drive the design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability, reliability and future expansion.
- Maintain and administer network security measures and cloud computing environments.
- Perform data backups, disaster recovery operations and document infrastructure standards and diagrams.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, and limitations.
- Collaborate with IT Windows, Linux, and storage teams to diagnose and resolve data processing problems.
- Develop scripts and automation for repetitive infrastructure tasks.
- In connection with the above duties, apply knowledge and/or skills in: programming languages – C/C++/C#; Unix/Linux/Windows operating systems; basic database administration, such as SQL/MySQL; scripting languages like Perl/Python/Shell; CSS and REST; TCP/IP application layer; and virtualization/cloud technologies.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Perform preventative maintenance (and upgrade, as required) on devices, and related peripherals to meet IT specifications
- Identify system performance issues and drives the development of tools to correct
- Ensure that the technical environment is properly monitored and that any problems are rectified
- Manage End-to-end infrastructure and IT management for Converged/HCI, Storage, Cloud Applications, Platform Infrastructure, Data Protection
- Collaborate with other lead engineers to solve hard but ambiguous problems.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
Travel required: 0 to 25%
The contact details are:
3754 Sardinia Island Way,
Sacramento, CA -95834